Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: ViewSonic Monitor switching off  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
ViewSonic Monitor switching off
« on: February 09, 2007, 21:49 »
I have a problem recently with my ViewSonic Monitor, in that sometimes when it goes into sleep mode I cant re-activate it.
Sometimes it will come back on, as it should, by moving the mouse, but other times nothing happens. I cant work out whether its a graphic card problem or whether the switch on the monitor is the problem. Im sure its not the mouse because Ive replaced that with another one. If I re-boot, it normally puts it right, also if I switch it off with the button under the screen it will normally come back on upon switching back on. Sometimes a wiggle with the switch under the screen will do it.

Cant work it out-driving me crazy!!  I downloaded new drivers, but they appear to be installed, but Windows seems to prefer its own drivers!!

Had enough-off to bed now!!

Any ideas anyone?
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: ViewSonic Monitor switching off
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 22:31 »
Have you tried pressing the Esc key DG?  That will usually wake up most monitors.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:45 »
Have you tried pressing the Esc key DG?  That will usually wake up most monitors.

Havent tried that yet Simon-will give it a go next time it happens!

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:08 »
Update on this tiresome problem!

After doing numerous tests, I discovered that it was a faulty switch on the monitor. I decided to buy a new monitor rather than go through the expense of sending the Viewsonic one back for service.

I purchased a 19 inch Widescreen one from novatech for £128 which is now installed with a brilliant picture!

http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?TFT-NOV19W

Phoned up Viewsonic UK the next day, simply to see what they would say, as I had about 3 months left on the warranty, and was surprised when they said they would send a courier to pick up and replace the Viewsonic with a brand new one!

The courier arrived the next day with the new one, and picked up the faulty model-he even packed up the faulty one in the box for return for me, at no cost whatsoever.

This kind of service is rare these days-and its good to see that some companies still care!!!

So I now have a spare one-kinda good eh?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 12:53 »
Well, kinda good I suppose, but if you'd done that in the first place, you could have saved yourself £128, and wouldn't have a spare monitor lying around!  ;D  However, I fully understand why you did it, and it's the sort of thing I do myself all the time.  Physician heal thyself!  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 13:16 »
Well, kinda good I suppose, but if you'd done that in the first place, you could have saved yourself £128, and wouldn't have a spare monitor lying around!  ;D  However, I fully understand why you did it, and it's the sort of thing I do myself all the time.  Physician heal thyself!  ;)

Lol!  Great minds think the same!

;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum