Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Trap  (Read 1056 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
The Trap
« on: March 11, 2007, 18:57 »
Is anyone else going to be watching "The Trap" at 9pm tonight on BBC2?  It looks quite interesting.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: The Trap
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 20:14 »
I won't be able to watch it tonight, but I am recording it for future viewing.  BBC2 is fast becoming my favourite channel.    8-)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 00:02 »
Wow!  Very thought provoking.  I need to watch this again - bubblegum television it is not!

As I watched it, I thought, "Thomas Paine would be cheering,  'Stand up for the Rights of Man!' ".

You'll be pleased you recorded it, Simon.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 16:32 »
I've just heard some journalists on Radio 5 trying to review this programme.  Only one of them could understand it :) !  So he explained it in words of one syllable to his fellow reviewers and they still couldn't understand it.

I laughed.

So they discussed some sort of programme about "What if we had pet dinosaurs" instead :crazy: .

Gill

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum