Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex Homecall  (Read 15075 times)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Pipex Homecall
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:51 »
My phone provider is Pipex Homecall, which gives me Line Rental and all national calls, except premium numbers, for free and for an inclusive price of £22-50 pm.

I can include broadband for an all in special deal at £29-99, which includes all the above and unlimited broadband. Seems like a good deal to me!

It would appear that their fair usage policy, if you are a heavy user now only applies between 6 pm and 11 pm, and Bank holidays.

You guys that are still useing Pipex, how are they now? I havent used their broadband for about 18 months. I am at present in with Bulldog, costing me £24-50 pm.

By the way the speed with Pipex, would be the same as Bulldog, i.e. 2meg, which is all my exchange can handle.
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pipex Homecall
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 13:13 »
Pipex is still extremely reliable and the few times I have been downloading large files recently they have come in at good speeds.
Now they are being sold off who knows what they will be like in a few months.

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 13:15 »
Pipex is still extremely reliable and the few times I have been downloading large files recently they have come in at good speeds.
Now they are being sold off who knows what they will be like in a few months.

Thanks for reply Sandra-I didnt know about the sell off-who is buying them?

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 13:32 »
I believe it's BT.   :ack:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 13:33 »
I believe it's BT.   :ack:

I guess you dont rate em then Clive?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 13:53 »
I dont know if a buyer has been announced yet, has it been confirmed Clive ?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 14:07 »
Roll on August!  :scoot:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 16:02 »
It's not been confirmed but BT is the front runner according to newspaper reports.  Sky and Carphone Warehouse are the other two contenders so everyone had better pray it's BT!  I've been with BT for around 16 years Delgado and I have never rated the very highly at all since they are always playing catch up with other providers.  If BT secure the deal it will make them the largest ISP in the UK and they are very keen to have that kudos.

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 17:24 »
It's not been confirmed but BT is the front runner according to newspaper reports.  Sky and Carphone Warehouse are the other two contenders so everyone had better pray it's BT!  I've been with BT for around 16 years Delgado and I have never rated the very highly at all since they are always playing catch up with other providers.  If BT secure the deal it will make them the largest ISP in the UK and they are very keen to have that kudos.

Thanks for the replies guys-I think I will stay as I am at the moment, and see what happens. I dont fancy getting involved with Sky or Carphone Warehouse for the next 12 months!

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 21:33 »
BT have also just bought PlusNet / Force9 - are they trying to buy all the ISPs in the UK ?!?

DJ

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 23:01 »
They can easily afford it after overcharging their 3 million customers for a mediocre service these past 16 years.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 23:17 »
...and now they have the cheek to tell us how we must pay our bills, or be fined for not toeing the line!  :cussing:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 01:14 »
...and now they have the cheek to tell us how we must pay our bills, or be fined for not toeing the line!  :cussing:

There was a bit on Watchdog about that, Simon.  They were saying that if enough folk protest they will have to drop that option like the banks did regarding overcharging customers for unauthorised overdrafts.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 08:46 »
So, is there a standard form of protest, like an online petition, or an address to contact, Lona?

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 08:48 »
So, is there a standard form of protest, like an online petition, or an address to contact, Lona?

Sorry, am I missing something here? Whats all this about? How are they telling you how to pay etc?

???

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum