Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: can't open email in yahoo, please help  (Read 1249 times)

Offline tle

can't open email in yahoo, please help
« on: April 18, 2007, 04:31 »
I am having trouble opening any emails before Jan 2007 in Yahoo.  Would get "can't find server or DNS error" message.  Need to get into messages for evidence for restraining order hearing.  Desperately need help. :bawl:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: can't open email in yahoo, please help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:56 »
hi tle and  :welcome:  It would be worth temporarily disabling your firewall to see if that is preventing access - but remember to enable it again afterwards! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:05 »
That sounds very strange.  Have you downloaded the emails with Outlook Express (or a similar mail client), or are you trying to open them on the Yahoo Mail website?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:23 »
I'm assuming it's the Yahoo website.  Were you using a different user ID for the pre-2007 e-mails?  Yahoo will only keep an ID active for 4 months if you don't use it after which it can be registered to someone else.  However, if you had let it expire then it should just say "user unknown" or something similar.

Offline tle

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 13:13 »
I've disabled firewall, changed internet settings to low as well.  I have no trouble getting into the Yahoo email, it's the message that won't open.  don't know how to open it any other way.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 18:26 »
OK, this is just an idea.  I don't use the website myself (I download my mail through POP3), but it could be that you are now using the new Yahoo! Mail beta, which is different to the old site.  At the top of the screen, you should see 'Switch back'.  Click it to go back to the old system, and then see if you can access your required emails.  Come back to us to let us know how you get on. 

:)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline tle

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 03:45 »
I tried switching to Yahoo Beta Mail and it worked.  Thank you everyone for your help.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum