Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: AFI's 100 Years . . .100 Movies  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
AFI's 100 Years . . .100 Movies
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:07 »
You've come to the right place to find official information and downloads for AFI's 100 Years . . .100 Movies series.  Ten years after the very first list in the series -- the 100 greatest American films of all time -- AFI's experts have taken another look and movie lovers have been waiting for the result.  Now, the new top 100 movies list has been revealed. The top 10 films are:

1 CITIZEN KANE 
2 THE GODFATHER 
3 CASABLANCA 
4 RAGING BULL 
5 SINGIN' IN THE RAIN 
6 GONE WITH THE WIND 
7 LAWRENCE OF ARABIA 
8 SCHINDLER'S LIST 
9 VERTIGO 
10 THE WIZARD OF OZ 

Curious about the rest of the list?  Take a colorful interactive tour of all 100 movies on the list, with key art and credits for each.  Then, download the official enhanced list -- where you can see which films have moved up or down -- or dropped off altogether -- compared to the 1997 list. And, the download is designed to print out for use as a checklist for your own "100 Movies" viewing.  Enjoy!

LINK

Offline gmax

• Established Member
Re: AFI's 100 Years . . .100 Movies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 15:15 »
I prefer the "IMDB" top 10

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN , THE WIZARD OF OZ  :ack:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 23:50 »
Life of Brian at 137!

Where's Amelie?

Where's Henry V?

Where's Truly Madly Deeply?

Where's Singing In The Rain? (Sorry, but I love it  :P ! )

Where's Wuthering Heights?

Heck, where's Mary Poppins and The Sound Of Music?  Or A Matter Of Life And Death?

I really shouldn't look at these lists.

Gill
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 23:52 by GillD »
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:03 »
Where's , "Taxi Driver" or 'The deer hunter", but overall i think both lists are pretty good

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:55 »
It's all a matter of personal taste really, isn't it.

There are movies I love purely because of an actors performance, I'll watch anything with William Hurt in it. John Malkovich is another favourite, I loved Dangerous Liaisons and having Glenn Close in it was a bonus.
Edward Norton is brilliant as well.

And because this is a british forum, I love Dame Judy Dench, and no one does sarcasm like Alan Rickman he's amazing. And another brilliant actor is Bill Nighy, The Girl in the Cafe, wonderful.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57 »
It's all a matter of personal taste really, isn't it.

There are movies I love purely because of an actors performance, I'll watch anything with William Hurt in it. John Malkovich is another favourite, I loved Dangerous Liaisons and having Glenn Close in it was a bonus.
Edward Norton is brilliant as well.

And because this is a british forum, I love Dame Judy Dench, and no one does sarcasm like Alan Rickman he's amazing. And another brilliant actor is Bill Nighy, The Girl in the Cafe, wonderful.

I only remember "Alan Rickman" from "Die hard", :embarassed:, i think "Michael Caine" is the best British actor

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:07 »
I only remember "Alan Rickman" from "Die hard", :embarassed:, i think "Michael Caine" is the best British actor

Haven't you seen any of the Harry Potter movies?  Alan Rickman is Professor Severus Snape, and performs him brilliantly.

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 12:11 »
I always thought "Harry Potter movies" were kids movies so i never bothered watching them.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 15:25 »
Alan Rickman is certainly one of my favourite actors, along with Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp.  He first came to prominence with Juliet Stevenson in 'Truly Madly Deeply', one of the films I mentioned earlier.  If you haven't seen it, it's worth hunting down.

I can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie to come out.  And then I'll be incommunicado for a couple of days when "The Deathly Hallows" is published.

:)

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 16:45 »
I can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie to come out.  And then I'll be incommunicado for a couple of days when "The Deathly Hallows" is published. 

Yes, me too.  There's nothing like a good "kids book" to keep you amused for a few days.  The only thing with HP novels, is having to race through them, before you accidentally hear or read what happens elsewhere.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum