Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Online beats High Street in poll  (Read 831 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Online beats High Street in poll
« on: August 31, 2007, 16:58 »
Online-only brands are shopper's favourites when it comes to buying goods online, according to research.

Companies that have both an internet and a bricks-and-mortar presence fared worse than retailers such as Amazon and ASOS (As Seen On Screen) in a survey of the most popular brands to shop with on the web.

Shopping portal Pangora, which is owned by Lycos, asked online shoppers to rate their experiences across all the online retailers they had used, rating the quality of website, speed of delivery and customer service.

The top-rated gadget site was Amazon, followed by Argos and eBuyer. For computers, Dell beat Maplin and Apple, and for entertainment Amazon was top once again, ahead of Play.com and HMV.

"With a greater consumer choice and the technology to pick and choose the best deals and offers, each retailer must keep up with the competition. If they fail to deliver against ever-higher customer expectations, they face being left behind in the online retail race," said Rob Staunton, head of Pangora UK.

www.pangora.com

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Online beats High Street in poll
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 17:10 »
I have to admit, I am an online shopaholic.  In fact, I hardly even buy anything in the high street these days.   :blush:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 17:32 »
What's a high street? Living in MK, I have almost every store on my doorstep, but I still do most things online - reserving a dash to PC World for in extremis situations.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 22:53 »
I joined every online catalogue.  Kay's, empire stores, littlwoods, littlewoods direct, additions and grattans.  Took advantage of their £25 new member offer then never went back.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 00:43 »
You missed Cotton Traders, Lona.  :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:45 »
You missed Cotton Traders, Lona.  :)

Do I get anything off?
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 10:03 »
Well, I tend to, but that may be because I seem to have half their catalogue in the wardrobe. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum