Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Windows live/ hotmail  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Windows live/ hotmail
« on: September 23, 2007, 21:01 »
Is anyone using firefox on here having trouble doing stuff in this new windows live junk. It really p**sed me off they switched me over without asking my permission. I was even more p**sed off when i couldn't use any of the mail button options in the new interface. Stuff like the Reply, Junk, Delete, ect. work in IE and not in FF. Does anyone have any ideas? I disabled ABS and Noscript and it didn't make a difference. It looks to me as though they made this new site specifically to screw over people using other browsers.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Windows live/ hotmail
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 21:15 »
Is Windows Live compulsory now?  I seem to be managing without it.   :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 00:37 »
It is if you are using MSN Messenger.

When you tried to log in last week it wouldnt let you unless you installed the windows live messenger thing  :(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 00:52 »
An advert for Trillian, then?  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:47 »
Bob uses that nasty trillian and we still have the same problem as we had when you used it as we cant send him files from messenger  ::)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 03:31 »
I use the old 2.013 version of trillian. Most of the old skins weren't converted for the newer versions so I never moved up. Whats the point in moving up if i loose one of the main features I installed it for? The newer versions have fixed several bugs and added some more convenient features. Maybe I should modify this skin myself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:33 by Bobscrachy »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:51 »
Is the skin more important than the features and functionality?  As an experienced user, I'm surprised to hear you say that, Bob.   :-\

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 13:57 »
It's called weighing the pros and cons. Some newer versions of older programs are bloated with extra junk the user doesn't want nor need. Ex: adaware, azureus, windows vista. I regularly download adaware 6.1 over the newer version. It's smaller, sucks up less resources, and does what i want it to do.

Trillian 2.0 just also has a bitchen skin that hassen't been updated yet.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 17:12 »
I certainly agree about Azureus!  I couldn't even find the bit that does what I want it to do in the new version.  uTorrent uses less system resources, so I guess I'll stick to that now.

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 18:50 »
They still have the 2.5 up for download on their homepage. Do you use peer guardian simons?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 19:42 by Bobscrachy »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 20:23 »
No I don't, Bobs.  I still have the old Azureus but there seemed to be a problem with the last auto updates.  It kept wanting to install the same update, so I haven't used it for a while. 

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 20:29 »
The only problem i had was safepeer not updating. I found out that when it is updated it slows startup down to about 5 or more minutes.

You should take a look at peerguardian. It's a real neat little ip filter.... simons.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 20:31 by Bobscrachy »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 21:10 »
I'm not quite sure how we got onto Peer Guardian.  Why would I need it?

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 00:18 »
When in doubt wiki it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeerGuardian

I asked if you used it, because you said you used bittorrent. It seems like most people in the know who are looking to avoid trouble while using p2p applications use some sort of incoming and outgoing ip monitor. I used the safepeer plugin on azureus even with its problems until i found peerguardian just the other day. You can call this another one of my little conversational tangents.  :sorry:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:10 »
Tangents aren't a problem.  ;)  I've never had any trouble with P2P, so I guess I just didn't think of needing anything, other than my usual AV protection.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum