Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Windows ''WELCOME'' signing in  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Kaz

• Im getting There Slowly But Surely
Windows ''WELCOME'' signing in
« on: October 18, 2007, 12:03 »
Now that I am up and running again when I  start windows you get the WELCOME sign and also your Name (it is right on this page) Kaz and you have to click on it to get to your Desktop, I know you can remove this by going into Control Panel and Users, but what I want to skip the Hello Kaz bit bla bla bla and go straight into windows my Laptop does this and Iv tried to take off the Welcome bit, but it just goes to the default, the classic logon I just want to turn it all off and go straight to my desktop any help please? :dunno:

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Windows ''WELCOME'' signing in
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:21 »
Download and install TweakUI:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Under logon, select Autologon and choose the user name to logon to.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Kaz

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:40 »
Thanks Rik

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline Kaz

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 14:02 »
Thanks Rik
Worked Just fine, thanks very much pitty it can't change Kan to Kaz heheheheh

I have backup before putting this on and cheeked Safe Mode all is well. 
I am backing up and checking Safe mode every time I install anything now must be getting paranoid lol, but I need to find out what caused my problem with the Safe Mode episode|anyway all seems to be ok and that tweak has done the job. 
Can you undo the tweaks as I have 2 My Documents on my Laptop I didnt do this myself someone else did it for me they must of use Tweak thats why my laptop boots straight into my desktop can I remove the second MY Documents I dont really need it?
Kaz
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 14:26 by Kaz »

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 15:14 »
If you've a Kaz and Kan set of folders, then you can certainly delete the Kan ones, assuming you don't have an active Kan user still.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Kaz

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 19:58 »
Im not sure what I have now because everything except this ONE FOLDER in C: Documents & Settings\Kan folder (kaz) so Im not sure what to do with it.  In control/user its all Kaz  WELCOME kaz

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:06 »
If you don't have a Kaz folder in Documents and Settings, then your changes have affected the display name, but not the folder name, so leave well alone.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum