Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Introduction to SentForever deep spacetransmissions  (Read 1352 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
you may have thought naming a star or owning part of the moon was fun, well here is a new way to waste your hard earned cash  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My advice, if you really want to do this, make a satellite call (there is bound to be some leakage in the signal)  or use http://www.bloginspace.com/

SentForever.com allows people to leave special messages that will travel through space for the rest of eternity. When your message is ready, we convert and transmit it into deep space using a high power radio satellite dish. Our technology partner is British Telecommunications, and we have the use of one of their satellite dishes at their historic Goonhilly earth station in Cornwall. We can transmit into deep space any material in a digital format. Interestingly, NASA recently transmitted a Beatle's song to celebrate a particular anniversary of theirs and got lots of publicity for it.

As we are a recently launched service, we are looking for PR opportunities that will get the attention of local press, radio and potentially TV too. If you have an interesting message or story, we can transmit it for you. Once the message is transmitted we will send you a unique tracking code that enables anybody to see how far your message has traveled. Here's a link to our website for more information www.sentforever.com

We are based in Surrey but are aiming to attract local press from around the UK, and if you are interested, this may gain some interesting PR for your society too. Some suggestions for you are to:

* Send a message to celebrate an interesting local event in your area
    * Send a message that welcomes a newborn child into our Universe
    * Send a message to one of your members who has got engaged or is getting married
    * Send a remembrance message to a member who has passed on

We can also transmit images and documents too if you wish. If you'd like to transmit "something significant" into deep space to last an eternity ? and that will be of interest to the press, please let me know and we will arrange a complementary transmission for you.

http://www.sentforever.com/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Introduction to SentForever deep spacetransmissions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 21:06 »
I wouldn't know what to say!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 21:16 »
I think "don't come here" might be good  :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 21:19 »
:lol:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 22:18 »
Why can't I think of these scams?   :bawl:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03 »
It can't be a scam, Clive, BT are involved. On second thoughts...  :devil: