Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PC Boots  (Read 1356 times)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
PC Boots
« on: March 18, 2003, 11:27 »
Hi,
I have PC athlon AMD 1600, 256 of RAM, Windows XP Home edition in French. 60 GB HDD. I wanted to add an other windows XP in Arabic. So I added another hard disk 40 GB, and fixed it as ?slave hard disk?. I succeeded to install the Arabic windows on it and the computer started to boot by proposing me to choose between French and Arabic. The problem is that when I try to correct some problems on my French system (Master Hard Disc) by the help of my ?Restauration CD? Which was included when I bought my PC, and try to start my computer after that restauration, it doesn?t give me anymore the option of choosing between French and Arabic Boot. It boots only on the French one. Although the Arabic one is still there but I can?t have access to it. What I must do?
   PS:  I heard that the problem could be solved by entering to the ?Bios?. Unfortunitly, I don?t know how to use The ?Bios? If the solution is there, Can you help me by enough details the steps that I must follow? Thank you all.
object width="450" height="150">

Adept

Re:PC Boots
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 11:42 »
Hi joudi :welcome:

I think the problem is that the "restoration CD" has overwritten the boot.ini file which tells Windows about your multi-boot setup.

You may find this Microsoft Knowledgebase article useful.

Please post back if you need any futher help.

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 05:50 »
Hi ADEPT,
    Thanks a lot for your acvice. I think that you have well detected my problem, and gave the good advice.
    I didn't yet succeed to repare it, because every time I start to read to try to understand how to do, I read a little and feel fed up. It needs some concentration!  :o
   So I am waiting the suitable moment when I feel OK to apply your advice.
    I'll let you know later.
    Thank you again. :thanks:

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 11:29 »
Hi everyone,
  Well, at last I've succeeded in activating again my second windows xp system  :D. It was not simple to understand, but by the help of a friend in reading and applying adepts advice it did not work fully. At last I found that site very usful and it helps to understand the meaning of what I was doing and how to apply it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314081
   Thanks again to Adept

Edited URL so it can be clicked

Adept

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 13:09 »
Glad to be able to help Joudi.

I'll file that url away for future reference :) :)

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 13:58 »
Thanks for letting us know Joudi, I hope you can stick around and enjoy some of the fun here and possibly add some of your own  :)
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum