Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: RIAA ‘MediaSentry’ owner hired by China  (Read 2247 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
RIAA ‘MediaSentry’ owner hired by China
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:54 »
It seems somehow fitting that SafeNet, a leader in digital wrongs and owner of seriously discredited RIAA ‘private eye’ MediaSentry, has been hired by the People’s Republic of China.

http://p2pnet.net/story/16645

- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: RIAA ‘MediaSentry’ owner hired by China
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42 »
It's a shame they can't stop the Olympics being broadcast, and buggering up the rest of the telly for those who aren't interested in it!   >:(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:14 »
If you think it will be bad this time Simon, just wait to see how much worse it gets in 2012, provided they can get the sites built and working by then  ::)

When you think what the government could do with all the money they will be spending on the 2012 olympics that could have been used instead to benefit us all it makes me want to  :cry:

It also occurred to me, after hearing that lots of people couldnt get into China to see the games because of visa restrictions, in 2012 every Tom, Dick and Abdul will probably be able to come here then stay illegally afterwards without the hassle of even having to hide in the backs of lorries first  ::)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 11:36 »

It also occurred to me, after hearing that lots of people couldnt get into China to see the games because of visa restrictions, in 2012 every Tom, Dick and Abdul will probably be able to come here then stay illegally afterwards without the hassle of even having to hide in the backs of lorries first  ::)

;D

Diagnosis : The patient is possibly suffering from her environmental surroundings, whilst at the same time overdosing on Daily Hate Mail editorials, and BNP election leaflets.

Prescription: Move to Harrogate in Yorkshire, and stop reading media content which has the sole purpose of winding you up. You will age prematurely if your always bitter...........................besides I like my women relaxed and content  :)x
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:58 »
I'm pretty sure that the London 2013 Olympics will be hit by some sort of terrorist attack, either before, or during the event.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 12:04 »
I'm already sick of the Olympics, both Beijing and London.  At least it's a comfort to remember the looks on the faces of the French who were bidding for the 2012 games in Paris when it was announced that the London bid had been successful.  I can forgive almost anything if it means we get one up on the French!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 12:12 »
I'm pretty sure that the London 2013 Olympics will be hit by some sort of terrorist attack, either before, or during the event.

that's going to be one long Olympics...  :o:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 12:13 »
I'm already sick of the Olympics, both Beijing and London.  At least it's a comfort to remember the looks on the faces of the French who were bidding for the 2012 games in Paris when it was announced that the London bid had been successful.  I can forgive almost anything if it means we get one up on the French!

indeed,  :laugh:

I'm looking forward to these Olympics.. but I've had enough of the 2012 ones... why do the BBC always have turn it into the British twist (and I mean they change the whole darn programme to reflect it, not just a passing comment).. it was so annoying during Euro2008.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 12:26 »
that's going to be one long Olympics...  :o:

You don't expect it to be built in time, do you?  ;D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:42 »
 :)x
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 17:11 »
The BBC has been obsessed with the Olympics for months!  Apparently they have sent 437   
members of staff out to Bejing to cover the two week extravaganza.  I find the whole thing one big bore.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 19:08 »
When the BBCs news and sports teams come back, aren't they all going to be re-based up near Manchester?  Allow the condemned man his last meal, Clive.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 21:46 »
When the BBCs news and sports teams come back, aren't they all going to be re-based up near Manchester? 

I'd forgotten about that!   :devil:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 00:18 »
I watched part of the opening ceremony and thought that however much of our money the BBC spent on personnel, they should sack the sound guys  :o

The reporters were being drowned out by the noise of the ceremony thereby making the commentary useless, so they may as well have left everyone but the camera crew at home and saved a lot of our money as what bits you could hear may as well have been from the chinese commentators  ::)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 00:46 »
I'm gonna enjoy every part i watch  ;D and some  ;)

As for 2012, well when you consider the government take 40% of everything you buy (tax and vat) and food n bills you realise that they really own mostly all the money anyway.

You could have 10 Olympics for one war i expect so nothing stopping them having a best event ever.

Actually if you look at it every Olympics has pretty much outshone the previous as technology grows.

It's not about money to me but i sure hope they play their part and put on the best show on earth to that point  :thumbs:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum