Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Well I'm finally upgrading to TFT monitors  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re: Well I'm finally upgrading to TFT monitors
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 23:51 »
Yes I use that website, I tried a number on there and all a I got was put straight to somebody plonking on a piano. No Zero pence per minute message from the 18185 phone service I use, and no company info statement.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 16:56 »
Update,

You have to laugh, right the 20" Iiyama and 17" Belinea arrived yesterday, straight into the OSD menu. And low and behold I cannot access the image function [greyed out] on the 20" Iiyama, and this is a different laid out OSD menu to that used on the 17" model. 

Now I'm thinking, hang on there cannot be the same fault on this model, with a different OSD Menu as well. So I'm straight into the Belinea, now funny thing is, this is using the same OSD menu as the 17" Iiyama was! Come in exactly the same packaging, and I mean the exact same, apart from the box was Belinea presented, there's a thing to ponder  :o:

Anyway I digress, so I'm thinking, what's the difference....and there it was 20" Iiyama, like the 17" Iiyama was connected via the DVI socket. With the Belinea being connected to the D-Sub socket on the same graphics card. Swap them around and the 20" image menu is accessible, Belinea is not accessible. Conclusion.....it is not a fault, obviously connected via DVI there is nothing to alter image wise or so it would appear....you would think it would say something in the manuals.

So today I thought, Tech returns are going to suss it, so best come clean and  add a note to the open RMA on the 17" Iiyama, explaining what I have just posted here. Did not wont them thinking I was trying it on. In any case I'm happy with the Belinea, in fact another Belinea is arriving tomorrow to replace the 17" Iiyama which was returned.  And my defence would be [if one was needed] Tech support should know about this confusion regards the DVI/D-Sub relationship with the image menu, and verified as such when I reported it as a fault...but there you are.

Just done that and .....bing bong.....you have mail.....opens it and there are two emails from Ebuyer

Dear Hung like a Donkey,

Following extensive tests by our returns technicians, this item was found to be faulty. A replacement product will be dispatched as soon as the RMA is closed.

Second email....Yep I've another 17" Iiyama arriving as a replacement. Tried to cancel it online but it wont give me that option......phoned Ebuyer...explained.....but they cannot stop it as its despatched from another warehouse.......its going today...just got to refuse delivery ....then they will credit my Credit Card when the replacement arrives back at E Buyer.

Like I say you got to laugh, mind you it still cost me best part of £1.50 to wait in two queues and explain to two different people what was what...........not even a plonker on a piano on the Sayno 2 0870 website alternative phone number offering.  ::)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 17:14 »
Nothing's ever simple is it?   :laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 14:23 »
Here's mine

and here's the Wife's   ;D

PS: there's no where to put a conservatory, so we have to bring our tender plants into the computer room over winter. We have not got a clue what the plants with the long flowers that are in the process of opening, are. But they are descendants of a plant we where given by a customer back in 1973/5 ish. He said they where pineapple plants, but they are not.

I'll show you them when they are in full bloom, very exotic

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 22:56 »
A very impressive set-up Tony!  Looks just like a dealer's desk!  ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 00:24 »
Nice set up, Tony!   8-)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum