Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Brand and Ross could face prosecution over obscene phone calls  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The BBC could face prosecution over obscene phone calls that Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand made to 78-year-old Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs.

The controversial presenters left a series of lewd messages on Mr Sachs’s answerphone claiming, in shockingly explicit language, that Brand had had sex with his granddaughter, Georgina.

Full story - Daily Mail
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Brand and Ross could face prosecution over obscene phone calls
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 18:07 »
Both Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand are appalling in my opinion.  Whenever they appear on TV I always switch off.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 18:13 »
Same here, Clive - in fact, I don't know anyone who does like them. :(
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 18:15 »
They are both overpaid and a waste of space..I would like something to be done it may halt the decline into the sewer these presenters have helped drag TV into and get away with it all.
If anyone tried their sort of so called humour on people they would get arrested,and yet Ross and comapny just sail through any form of decency.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 18:17 by David »

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 18:17 »
Dream on, David. :) The BBC will tell us we're all wrong and have misunderstood...
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 18:20 »
True,I have to thank Ross and his ilk for saving me from watching this dross,I object he gets paid so much just to be coarse,there is no entertainment value in either of these people and the BBC should be ashamed at the contempt they hold the viewers in.The sooner the licence fee goes the happier I will be

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 18:21 »
Like most things controlled by politicians, David, I fear we'll see little done to break up the 'club'.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 18:22 »
I hope the police take action.  That sort of behaviour is inexcusable in any circumstance, but to claim it as a form of entertainment is an affront to society.

It's time the pair of them got their cards from the BBC - preferably marked with "Go to Jail.  Go directly to Jail.  Do not pass Go.  Do not collect £6,000,000."
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 13:08 »
                                                                       Brand and Ross suspended by BBC

LINK
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 14:01 »
Excellent news!  I love a good BBC scandal. :)x
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 14:14 »
Gawd i don't believe that!

They both sail a bit close to the rocks on times but that is their appeal. Ross is the best at what he does and can hold his own with anyone and Parki knows he was never as good as him.

Brand has a bad rep but when you actually watch him he can be quite good.

I think the press and middle Britain got their finger up their arse because they are jealous that they are top earners and easy targets.

If i was Andrew Sachs i'd come out and say "ok it wasn't in best taste but the guys have all said sorry and i accept that so leave them alone and it's forgotten about"

OMG shock, horror! imagine our Danger Zone falls into the hands of the press!  :o  ahhh but were ok jack as you have to be over 18 to get in there, right?  ':|

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 14:53 »
Gawd i don't believe that!

They both sail a bit close to the rocks on times but that is their appeal. Ross is the best at what he does and can hold his own with anyone and Parki knows he was never as good as him.

Brand has a bad rep but when you actually watch him he can be quite good.

I have got to agree on both points, and yes they can both be irritating but I still think at their best they are good at what  they do. OK not everybody's cup of tea.....the Wife cannot stand Ross

I think the press and middle Britain got their finger up their arse because they are jealous that they are top earners and easy targets

possibly a bit of jealousy there, but I don't think that is really the issue, explained in my next comment

If i was Andrew Sachs i'd come out and say "ok it wasn't in best taste but the guys have all said sorry and i accept that so leave them alone and it's forgotten about"

I disagree totally, I think it was in bad taste, and to be quite frank I think it was totally crap .... and that comes from a guy who likes Little Britain [for the most part, US series is poor] Green Wing another near the knuckle, or should I say up to the wrist type of humour. Oh and Shameless, more close to the bone humour. But this was targeted at an individual, and when asked by the BBC if he objected to its airing he said he did not want it airing, and was totally ignored.

Brand and Ross got it wrong, but worst of all the BBC got it totally wrong, by allowing its airing against the direct wishes of Sachs

OMG shock, horror! imagine our Danger Zone falls into the hands of the press!  :o  ahhh but were ok jack as you have to be over 18 to get in there, right?  ':|
  Its not the same thing really
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 15:14 »
Ok well here's the poor lady in question... Link

On MySpace Miss Baillie lists her marital status as 'swinger',  and includes 'pretty men with tattoos' as among her interests.

She wrote: 'I like to party, I don't care if you call me a 'waster' or even a 'groupie' because I am having more fun than you and living this way makes me happy.'

Miss Baillie has ambitions to follow in her famous grandfather's footsteps into the world of acting, and recently played a prostitute/glamour model in a high profile TV pilot comedy/drama called 'Trollops of Threadneedle Street'.

I'm sure if it did happen then she was fully complying and possibly on the make out of it  :-X  So if that is the case, are they being condemned for telling the truth?  :dunno:

It's a shame for the old guy but i wonder what each of us would be more insulted with. The Ross comments or her "Myspace" site?  :crazy:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 15:51 »
It's not about who he shagged, and yes I saw her on the news today, and it was obvious to me that she was a bit of a ...... :o:

But being a grandfather [no girls three Grandsons] But even not having a Granddaughter, I reckon I can still understand how Andrew Sachs felt insulted. There was no need for it, never should have happened in the first place, and made worse by the BBC allowing its airing.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 16:30 »
It's not about who he shagged, and yes I saw her on the news today, and it was obvious to me that she was a bit of a ...... :o:

still though, I wouldn't have kicked her out  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum