Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: V: the new series  (Read 2463 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
V: the new series
« on: November 07, 2009, 21:32 »
Some of you might recall the scifi show V... they have remade it and it made its debut in North American on Tuesday - was pretty good and poked fun at it self (literally seconds after I though, this all looks independence day some kid makes that comment).  Anyway - not sure when / if it'll get carried in the UK but thought I'd suggest looking out for it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307824/
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: V: the new series
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 23:38 »
That's the one where they used to eat mice!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 00:23 »
well they are reptilian...  I was quite impressed with the first episode - though I think FlashForward is possibly still my favourite new sci-fi at the moment (since they cancelled the excellent Defying Gravity). Seems to be lots of sci-fi/action fiction on at the moment... wonder if it will all get over to the UK.
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 00:44 »
We've got Defying Gravity here at the moment, but I haven't been watching it.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 00:49 »
I thought it was slow at first but gets really good... shame it only lasts like 13 episodes. Still worth watching.
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 00:51 »
Too late now, I've missed half of the series.  I wasn't tempted by the write ups. 

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 00:53 »
fair enough.. it had an ending at the least but soon people will start getting p**sed off with this attitude of cancelling shows immediately. Why invest time in a story and never hear the end? The way this series ended up... it could have easily been a film and it would have probably made more money.
- sam | @starrydude --

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 00:56 »
Yet, sh•t like Lost and Heroes goes on forever!

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 01:00 »
I'm actually quite pleased with the latest series of Heroes... I liked the first and found it to go down hill and be repetitive.. but this last series has got me interested again.

I guess the problem is that the broadcasters treat all sci-fi like Heroes etc... it will get big and big quick, if not we must drop it. Shame they should remember that every week they are bound to get a band of geeks watching the show, no matter what, even if it means missing some rather important social occasion.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 01:00 »
I watched V on thursday evening from TV3, I think its an Irish TV station on the Astra 2 satellite. Its looking promising, the effects are obviously a lot better than the original and the main resistance characters have different occupations but it should work fine.
I have been enjoying watching Flash Forward and also watching Defying Gravity but its not really gripping me yet, but its still early days.

Lost is brilliant Simon and I quite like Heroes, but that deteriated after the second series.

Online Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 01:06 »
I only saw the first series of Lost, then it went to Sky, but I was bored with it anyway.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 01:09 »
It just kept getting better and better Simon, if you get chance to watch it again sometime you will like it.  :)

Prison Break was another excellent series that went for a few seasons.

Strange how the yanks can still make good TV with decent scripts and  good actors yet all we seem to make here are crappy soaps with bad actors  :(

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 01:10 »
I watched V on thursday evening from TV3, I think its an Irish TV station on the Astra 2 satellite. Its looking promising, the effects are obviously a lot better than the original and the main resistance characters have different occupations but it should work fine.
I have been enjoying watching Flash Forward and also watching Defying Gravity but its not really gripping me yet, but its still early days.

Lost is brilliant Simon and I quite like Heroes, but that deteriated after the second series.

I never managed to get into Lost, not sure why... maybe I should give it a go now... since I've been in Calgary I've watched the whole 7 seasons of the West Wing, but for some reason t'other half has me watching the bloomin Gilmore Girls now...

I've found Flash Forward to not take the story on as quick as I'd like and I'm still a bit concerned it would have worked better as a 2 hours movie.

I'd agree about V - the effects were pretty darn good for TV scifi- but the pilot always seems to be better than the later episodes. Still I kept expecting Will Smith to pop out.

Heroes, yeah def. went down will, but I think its back to its best at the moment.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 01:12 »
It just kept getting better and better Simon, if you get chance to watch it again sometime you will like it.  :)

Prison Break was another excellent series that went for a few seasons.

Strange how the yanks can still make good TV with decent scripts and  good actors yet all we seem to make here are crappy soaps with bad actors  :(

I bet you'd find that quite a lot of the talent is Canadian or English (do I mean British, nah!). Lots of filming is done in Vancouver these days it seems.

Have either of you watched Fringe, that's probably my favourite show at the moment (behind the Big Bang Theory) - it has Joshua "might ducks/dawsons creek" Jackson in it.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 04:07 »
Not seen that one Sam, it takes me all my time to try and catch up on the stuff I already want to watch. Its a good job that my freeview PVR can record 2 channels at the same time and my HD satellite box can record quite a lot of channels from each transponder on each of its twin tuners apparently, but I dont think I have recorded more than two channels at once on it so far. Its handy being able to record one channel off one satellite and another off a different satellite at times though  :)

If I ever get stuck for recordings I can record a single UK SKY channel on my bedroom satellite box but I never watch anything in the bedroom these days.
I can also record 4 freeview channels and I understand lots more, as long as theyre on the same 4 multiplexes on one of my PCs and another 2 freeview ones on my other PC.
Recording lots of stuff isnt a problem for me, finding the time to watch anything is  :o:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum