Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Space Photos This Week: Toxic Sludge, Sun Burp, More  (Read 812 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Cold gas (red) flows into a spiral galaxy, feeding star formation, while intense radiation from the newborn stars generates turbulence (blue), as seen in an artist's rendering. The picture, released last week, shows a type of massive star-forming galaxy thought to have been common in the very distant, early universe.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/photogalleries/101013-best-space-science-hungary-toxic-sludge-pictures-115/?now=2010-10-13-00:01
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Space Photos This Week: Toxic Sludge, Sun Burp, More
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 20:33 »
This week it has to be the picture of the Sun wot dun it for me.  I know I'm a fan of pictures of nebulosity and galaxies but this week they were artists impressions which are little more than speculation.  The Sun photo was taken with an orbiting space observatory called NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) and it has previously returned pictures as good as THESE  Sam's fiancee (being a solar physicist) must be drooling over SDO even more than she drools over Sam.   :laugh:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Space Photos This Week: Toxic Sludge, Sun Burp, More
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 23:57 »
lol
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum