Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Registry leak?  (Read 7490 times)

Offline momad30044

Re:Registry leak?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2003, 00:27 »
I'll take 2 if it you all think it'd work!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2003, 00:31 »
Well I think having the same surname probably helped as well Dave  :-*

Offline momad30044

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2003, 00:37 »
I got the e-mail (thank you very much) put it in System32 (not the driver section, just the System32 file), double clicked on it, got the same message as before. Did the run thing and got the same message again.

Why is it saying that it can't find Windows\System32\ssus.dll...that's not the name of it.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2003, 00:40 »
LOl.

I'd forgotten that we might be related.  That explains it!

I'll hang on to the copy I have for a couple of days.  I don't suppose it can do any harm if I put it out of the way in My Documents.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2003, 01:01 »
Someones just asked me if you have got the runtime files installed as you said the prog runs ok it will need the run time files to access anything you make or do with VB6  ???

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2003, 01:03 »
Hmm.  I am no expert,  but it's begining to look as if a number of associated files are required, i.e, Ssscc.dll and ssus.dll are inter-dependent and that there may be others missing too, perhaps a package.  If I find anything, I'll come back.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2003, 01:06 »
Thats why I have been looking at a copy of VB6 I have but its got some corrupted zips which I cant access.I was hoping to find a load of .DLL files in the runtime folder unfortunately its one of mine which is corrupted  :(

By the way Debbie you dont try and open a .DLL file its usually sufficient for them to be in the right place  8)

Offline momad30044

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2003, 01:16 »
Remember, I have the Learn to Program with Visual Basic 6 software...not the real thing.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2003, 01:21 »
LOl.  We keep cross-posting, Sandra.

I've just had a look, but I don't seem to have any copies of VB anywhere.

Incidentally, Sandra, do you ever sleep?  I usually logon to the site first thing in the morning and you've usually posted when the rest of the world is sleeping! ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2003, 01:31 »

Remember, I have the Learn to Program with Visual Basic 6 software...not the real thing.

Couldnt you take up learning to knit instead Debbie  ;D

Seriously though  there may be an easier program to learn to do what youre after.

Found this in a notepad which must have extracted itself from the .exe without me noticing :

SSSCC.DLL 1309b
---------------
This file fixes two problems in Visual C++/Visual SourceSafe integration.

1. Sometimes, when performing a source code control operation on a very
   large number of files, Visual C++ crashes.

2. Sometimes, you add a new project to Visual SourceSafe from inside
   Visual C++, and you are not prompted for what SourceSafe project to use.
   Instead, the C++ files go directly into the SourceSafe root project ($/).

Neither of these problems happens reliably or predictably in any version
of Visual SourceSafe.  But if you copy this file over the existing
SSSCC.DLL in your SourceSafe WIN32 directory (Windows NT Intel or Win '95),
NTAXP directory (Windows NT Alpha), or NTMIPS directory (NT MIPS), then
the problems should *never* occur.

May have to wait until Adept wakes up to translate into english though  ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2003, 01:36 »

Incidentally, Sandra, do you ever sleep?  I usually logon to the site first thing in the morning and you've usually posted when the rest of the world is sleeping! ;)

Well someones got to keep the forum spick and span at the end of the day Dave.That Clive and Simon sometimes leave it all messed up during the daylight hours  ;)
Actually I dont sleep too well and find if I get to bed around 3am to 4am I sleep just as much as if I go at 11pm as I toss and turn all night until around 3 or 4 am  :(

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2003, 01:47 »
I know what you mean, Sandra.  I have spells like that and it's bloody awful.  I'm not a bit tired at the moment (that's why I'm still online) and I just know that I'm going to be watching News24 until about 5am.  :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2003, 02:11 »

Again, if I remember correctly: your hard disk will use a little space to pretend to be memory. When your memory fills up and needs more space it will swap older data out to the hard disk, and replace it with new stuff. If the old stuff is required, then its still on the HDD ready to be retrived, albeit a little slower.

If you really can't get it sorted by any normal easy way, do the drastic thing and reinstall Windows so that it purrrrs (if windows ever actually did/does).

Thanks for the input K but she has already reinstalled windows to no avail  :(
Are you thinking of a problem with VM or the swap file for your first part ?

Offline momad30044

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2003, 01:21 »
I took the computer in on Tuesday for general maintenance and explained the problem I've been having with VB.  The computer "expert" told me there wasn't anything they could do, but when I got the computer back, I should download all the updates for Windows 98 and any that would be applicable for VB.  In the next hour, I'll have downloaded all the updates (couldn't use aol, had to use Internet Explorer) for Windows 98.  Sandra, I'll be downloading the file you sent when these are done.  Will definitely let you know all this turns out.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2003, 03:04 »
I wonder why AOL wouldnt let you get the updates  ???
It does seem a little restrictive on some things I have heard but I wouldnt have expected a problem with microsoft as they're hand in glove arent they  ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum