Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Strictly  (Read 7699 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Strictly
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 18:06 »
I have no idea - it was utterly ridiculous.   :dunno:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 18:08 »
Perhaps they should rename it Strictly come prancing?
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 18:38 »
You should have some welcome news later tonight, Clive; if preliminary reports are correct, Nancy has been voted off at last.  Unfortunately, she will continue to be eligible to participate in next year's show because she still has no experience of ballroom dancing.

The music for Strictly has never been played at the proper tempo for the dances.  It's more noticeable with dances such as the paso doble and the tango, but it happens with all of them to a lesser or greater degree.  That wouldn't happen if it was a proper dance competition.  There again, you wouldn't get Alesha Dixon on the judges panel scoring a ten when Len Goodman is only scoring a seven.  If Miss Dixon were to fall under a bus tomorrow, I certainly wouldn't grieve.

Oh, and I agree with what has been said about Robbie Savage - very tacky.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 19:00 »
I sometimes think that Alesha Dixon is watching a different contest to the one I am looking at!  The only good judge is Craig but I do accept that the entertainment value of Bruno and Len is the attraction for many people.  Arlene was much more of a purist and I would welcome her back anytime.  I hope the rumours are correct Gill.   8-)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 08:54 »
Justice prevailed last night and Nancy was kicked off.  Watch out next week Audley, we are coming to get you.   :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13 »
:sadgit:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 10:25 »
Seconded. ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12 »
 :bartmoon:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31 »
 :hee-hee:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 20:05 »
Your complaint has been heard, Clive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15536138

;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 20:09 »
Yes, the reply I received was as follows:

Dear Mr *****

Reference CAS-1076426-K4VV6F

Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry you were offended by Robbie Savage's dance routine on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. Robbie danced a Paso Doble to Michael Jackson's ‘Bad’ on Saturday's show and the choreography emulated some of Michael's most famous dance moves. ‘Strictly’ is a live entertainment show and with it being the Halloween Special, Robbie wanted to pull out all the stops. We’d like to assure you that we've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily and is available for viewing by all our staff. This includes the programme makers, along with our senior management. It ensures that your points, along with all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. www.bbc.co.uk/complaints NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Kind Regards

Anthony Henderson

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 20:10 »
He must have prepared that in advance.  ;D

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 20:18 »
I've complained to the BBC before but they don't listen.  My complaint was about a 'comedy' programme being broadcast on Radio 4 on a Sunday lunchtime which was attempting to make jokes about semen.  It quite put the whole family off our lunch but the BBC disagreed that the subject was unsuitable for a broadcast at that time of day.

The BBC is so incredibly arrogant that complaining to them is pointless.  I wish there was an alternative.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 20:27 »
On the complaints page they now have a shorter version of the reply they sent to me.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/content/response/scd_robbiesavage_jmf

However, this is completely different to what was on the page when I initially made my complaint!  They were completely dismissive and refused to see anything wrong with it.  Public opinion appears to have made them change their tune.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 21:54 »
Strictlygate!   ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum