Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Shopping Scam Warning !  (Read 371 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Shopping Scam Warning !
« on: May 28, 2012, 20:07 »
Please pass this on to any blokes you know who regularly do supermarket-shopping.  Sounds like they're targeting retired fellas mainly but let's face it, some of you aren't far off... in looks that is...

Women  often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark  parking lots, etc.  This is the first warning I have seen for  men.  I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.   A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, or even Homebase.  This one caught me totally by  surprise.  Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.  Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic.  Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to  you or your friends. 

Here's  how the scam works;    Two  nice looking, college-age girls will come over to your car or truck as you  are packing your purchases into your vehicle.  They both start wiping  your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.  (It's impossible not to look).  When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No'  but instead ask for a ride to  McDonald's.

You agree and they climb into the car.  On the way, they start undressing.  Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I  had my wallet stolen Aug. 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, again on the  17th, 20th, 24th, and the 29th.  Also Sept. 1st, 4th, 8th,  twice on the 16th &17th, and very likely again this upcoming  weekend.

So  tell your friends to be careful.  What a horrible way to take advantage of older men.  Warn your friends to be vigilant.

Asda has wallets on sale for £2.99 each.  I found even cheaper ones for 99p at Poundland and bought them out in three of their stores.

Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's.  I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from Sainsburys, to Tesco, to Asda.

So  please, send this on to all the retired men that you know and warn them to be on the  lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Shopping Scam Warning !
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 20:13 »
:laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Shopping Scam Warning !
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54 »
The old ones are the best. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum