Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Amazon's "one-day delivery" not quite what it seems  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Amazon has been rebuked by the advertising watchdog for offering "one-day delivery" that doesn't actually mean items will be delivered the next day.

The offer, made to subscribers to Amazon's Prime service, promised customers "unlimited free one-day delivery on millions of eligible items sold by Amazon.co.uk".

However, three customers complained to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that goods were not being delivered within the promised 24 hours.

Amazon argued that its terms and conditions stated that the item would be delivered one business day after dispatch, not the day after the item was ordered. The web retailer also insisted that it was a "guaranteed" delivery service, and that it would compensate Prime customers who didn't receive their goods by the stated date - although Amazon admitted that this policy of compensation wasn't published on its website, and that compensation claims were dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Despite Amazon's protestations, the complaints were upheld by the ASA, which ruled that the retailer "had not made it sufficiently clear or prominent that 'one-day delivery' referred to one day after dispatch".

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/374803/amazons-one-day-delivery-not-quite-what-it-seems
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Amazon's "one-day delivery" not quite what it seems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05 »
Strange, I had this argument twice with Amazon last week. I did get £11 compensation, though. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:52 »
I thought it might interest you.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57 »
And you were right...
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:59 »
;D

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 14:55 »
I've had similar problems in the past, but it's always turned up next day.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum