Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Groaner thread  (Read 190447 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Groaner thread
« Reply #735 on: July 03, 2011, 12:36 »
 :aarrgh: :out: :smirks:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #736 on: July 03, 2011, 18:00 »
 :hee-hee:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #737 on: July 10, 2011, 23:31 »
A man is working on the buses in Texas collecting tickets.

He rings the bell for the driver to set off when there's a woman half getting on the bus.  The driver sets off and the woman falls from the bus and is killed.

At the trial the man is sent down for murder and seeing as it's Texas he's sentenced to the electric chair.

On the day of his execution he's sat in the chair and the executioner grants him a final wish.  "Hmm..." says the man, "is that your packed lunch over there?"

"Yes" answers the executioner.

"Could I possibly have that green banana?"

The executioner gives the man his green banana and waits till he's eaten it.  When the man's finished, the executioner flips the switch sending hundreds of thousands of volts through the man.

When the smoke clears the man is still alive!  The executioner can't believe it.

"Can I go?" the man asks.

"I suppose so." says the executioner, "That's never happened before."

The man leaves and eventually gets a job on the buses again, selling tickets.

One day, he again rings the bell for the driver to go when people are still getting on.  This time a man falls under the wheels and is killed.  The bloke is sent down for murder again and sentenced to the electric chair once more.

The executioner is determined to do it right this time, so he rigs the chair up to the electric supply for the whole of Texas.  "Do you have a final wish?" asks the executioner.

"Can I have that green banana in your lunch?" asks the condemned man.

The executioner sighs and reluctantly gives up his banana.  When the bloke has finished eating the banana the executioner flips the switch.  Millions of volts surge through the chair, blacking out the whole of Texas in the process.

When the smoke clears the man is still sat there in the chair grinning.

The executioner can't believe it and lets the man go.

Well, remarkable as it seems, the bloke gets his job back on the buses.  It's only his first day back, but once again he rings the bell while passengers are still getting on, this time killing three of them.  Just as before, he's sent to the electric chair again.

Now the executioner rigs up the electricity supply for the entire USA to the chair, determined to do the job properly this time.  The bloke is sitting there in the chair smiling as the executioner asks him for a final wish.

"Well" says the man, "I'd really like that green banana out of your lunch."

The executioner hands over his banana and the man eats the whole thing, skin and all.

As soon as it's gone, the executioner pulls the handle and a gazillion amps go through the chair.  The smoke takes ages to clear, but after it rises the bloke is still sat there alive without even so much as a scorch mark.

"I give up!" says the executioner, "I simply don't understand how anyone could possibly still be alive after all that."  He stroked his chin.  "It's something to do with that green banana, isn't it." he says.

"Nah..." said the bloke, "I'm just a really bad conductor."

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: July 10, 2011, 23:34 »
 :aarrgh: :out: ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2011, 08:46 »
 :haha:  Absolutely brilliant!   ;D

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2011, 11:27 »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #741 on: September 16, 2011, 10:37 »
The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a Vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death. 

My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet. 

I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid...then I was petrified. 

I went to the cemetery yesterday to lay some flowers on a grave. As I was standing there I noticed 4 grave diggers walking about with a coffin, 3 hours later and they're still walking about with it. I thought to myself, they've lost the plot!! 

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to Our local pet shop and they were £70!!! blow this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web.

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy. 

Went around to a friend's house today. His wife was there with their new-born baby. She asked if I'd like to wind it. I thought that was a bit harsh so I gave it a dead leg instead. 

I was at a cash point yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could check her balance, so I pushed her over. 

I start a new job in Seoul next week. I thought it was a good Korea move. 

I was driving this morning when I saw an RAC van parked up. The driver was sobbing uncontrollably and looked very miserable.. I thought to myself 'that guy's heading for a breakdown.' 

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #742 on: September 16, 2011, 10:42 »
:rofl: Everyone a groaning gem.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #743 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44 »
:ithank:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #744 on: September 16, 2011, 12:18 »
 :aarrgh:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #745 on: September 16, 2011, 16:25 »
 :laugh:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #746 on: October 09, 2011, 21:13 »
Two members of the French foreign legion were lost in the desert, desperate for water and food. Finally they come across a market town full of stalls.

They walked around the stalls and quickly realised that they were all selling a pudding made out of sponge, fruit jelly, custard, and cream.

Perplexed, they stopped one of the locals to ask what was going on only to be told ‘Well, it is a trifle bazaar!’

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #747 on: October 09, 2011, 22:16 »
 :sigh: :out:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #748 on: October 09, 2011, 22:53 »
 :smirks:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #749 on: October 10, 2011, 02:01 »
It's not unusual.  In fact, I've heard there are hundreds and thousands.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum