Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Cant load my pc up  (Read 1677 times)

Offline slayor_y2k

Cant load my pc up
« on: June 05, 2003, 20:58 »
what happened was i installed a geforce 4 and i disabled my onboard graphics performance but i had onboard graphics enabled still,i restarted and it wouldnt work with my geforce 4 only my onboard and when i place my monitor in the onboard slot i only see yellow lines and it doesnt show anything else i cant load my pc up

plz help

slayor_y2k

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Cant load my pc up
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 21:05 »
Is that a PCI or an AGP card Slayor?
If its a PCI one try it in another slot.
Can you tell us which OS you are using?

Welcome to the forum by the way  :-*

Adept

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 21:11 »
Hi slayor_y2k :welcome:

Have you got as far as installing the Geforce drivers in Windows yet?

If not, you might want to try this first, with the monitor plugged into the on-board connector.

Also have a look in the BIOS. In the PNP/PCI configuration section there should be a setting for "VGA boot from" set this to the type of slot that the Geforce is installed in (PCI or AGP)

Hope this helps :)

Offline slayor_y2k

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 21:13 »
hi yes its pci ive tried it on that but i dont even get the screen up
and when i put it in the onboard screen yellow lines come up cant even go into bios

Adept

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 21:16 »
Try taking out the Geforce and then get into the BIOS and change the setting I mentioned above to PCI.

This should boot the Geforce first.

If it doesn't work, you will have to disable the on-board graphics to get the Geforce working :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 21:32 »

and when i put it in the onboard screen yellow lines come up cant even go into bios

I had that last year on a PC I was sorting out it turned out to be the card not fully inserted into the slot.
Eventually after being a little brutal it went fully home and worked ok afterwards  ::)

Offline slayor_y2k

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 21:44 »
hi ,nope took the geforce out,all i shows is yellow lines and buggered up colours nothing else not even startup screen so cant even go into bios.
also its an onboard card so its kinda pushed in really tight

Adept

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2003, 21:47 »
I think you need to re-enable whatever it was that you disbaled in the first place - "onboard graphics performance" was it? and then try what I suggested. That should do it  :-\

Offline slayor_y2k

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 21:49 »
hi how do i re-enable it?
kinda cant get into bios could there be a other way
thanks for your replies guys :)

Adept

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2003, 21:58 »
Oh, it was a BIOS setting. I hoped it was a jumper setting on the board :(

The only thing I can think of now is to clear the BIOS. Are you OK with setting up the hard drive settings etc. ?

If you have your motherboard manual, you should be able to find information on how to clear the BIOS. Don't do it unless you are confident you know what you're doing though ::)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 00:50 »
Cant he remove the card and use the clear CMOS jumper to clear it then he can use load BIOS defaults cant he,or does it clear those as well Adept or Lobo or anyone  ???

Which motherboard have you got in and which OS are you using ?

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 13:59 »
@slayor_y2k
Try another Video card ( NOT the G-force one) a PCI or even an ISA slot one will do, it looks as if the onboard card is disabled or has gone legs up and cannot initialise on Boot, once you get to boot go into BIOS and set every thing to default.

If you get that far you can then install the G force drivers and the card and try again

Brian ;D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum