Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Nice n Cool  (Read 1479 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Nice n Cool
« on: July 02, 2003, 19:00 »
HI folks.. 8)

Gave the Puter a bit of a birthday last night and what a result  :o.
The CPU was running a tad hot (57c) so had a look inside and found the heat sink clogged right up with dust, so out with the can of air.. a few blasts big cloud of dust 1 or 3 spiders ran about  :o.
Switched back on and now running a super cool 47c its suprising how much the dust makes the CPU run hot.. so a lesson learned there every 3 months clean out heat sink  ;D

Hookstar

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Nice n Cool
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 19:34 »
A word of warning to anyone using air to blow dust and things around inside your PC,sometines the dust can get on the lenses of your cd rom and writers.
So if you have problems with not reading cds or burning them run a lens cleaner on your drives  :-*

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 17:11 »
A nice little tip is to have your vacuum going and have the long hose thinggy near to where you're blowing the dust to suck it up.

Careful you don't touch anything with it though. ;)

And don't use it in place of sheep Clive  ;) ;) :P
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Adept

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 18:50 »
I have a 1" paintbrush [unused ::)] which I use to lightly brush the dust off components into the suction of the vacuum cleaner. It is especially useful for keeping the blades of fans dust free.

As Bat says, you have to be careful not to touch anything you shouldn't and you should also be careful not to damage any components.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 20:38 »
So, in reality, for a 'normal' home user, using their PC for, say, 5-6 hours per day, how often should you need to go in and do the dusting?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 20:41 »
There's no such thing as normal Simon ::)

Open up the case once a month. If you can write your name in the dust settled at the bottom of the case - it needs cleaning ;D ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 20:48 »
Once a month!!!  I haven't opened my case since I built the thing!   ;D ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 22:40 »
A very wise decision if I might add Simon.   ;D  After all, you wouldn't want to disturb that hamster you lost 6 months ago.  :heehee:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum