Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Problem loading OS onto new HDD  (Read 14892 times)

Offline arthurb

Re:Problem loading OS onto new HDD
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2003, 22:49 »
Adept, I tried this but when I clicked on the specific download I was greeted with -The page cannot be displayed. ???

Adept

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2003, 22:55 »
Keep trying arthurb, it's working fine from here. Maybe your ISP is having problems connecting you to that site for some reason :-\

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2003, 12:24 »
Hi Arthurb,
   Sorry to be too simple in my answer. I admit that I'm not capable to help much, and I'm like a small star that disappear easilly when the son of Lobo, Adept and Sandra and some others is there. But just a thought passed in my mind, I hope you don't mind to try it.
   Some Keyboards have on them bottons to control the sound, like: " Volume +  - " and "Mute". Perhaps without attention you've pressed the button "Mute".

Please don't be botherd  for this simple answer if it's not the case, and excuse me again.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2003, 12:42 »

Hi arthurb!

Just a thought :-\ It is a UK keyboard isn't it - with a £ sign on the 3 key? (God I sound like Simon now :o )

this site

:lol:

Loved it, you know Sean, a bit of inoffensive sarcastic wit takes some beating, bet even Simon laughed at that one. Now girlies tend to go off and sulk for a month   ;D

:not:
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2003, 14:01 »
Just a thought :-\ It is a UK keyboard isn't it - with a £ sign on the 3 key? (God I sound like Simon now :o )

Fat git!   ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2003, 17:33 »
I'll only admit to git :bald: :slug:

Offline arthurb

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2003, 08:37 »

@arthurb
Its operator error not operating system error my friend,
you have got you keyboard settings set to the USA settings, change them by opening control panel, region and language settings and change to the UK settings

Brian ;D

Success at last ;D. You were right Lobo. I did change the setting as instructed but I only found out last night through tinkering about that both the Keyboard and Language were set seperately. ::)

"Keep trying arthurb, it's working fine from here. Maybe your ISP is having problems connecting you to that site for some reason"  

Adept, I tried again without success. Any ideas ???

How do you reply with multiple quotes in this forum?

SOUND PROBLEM: In Device Manager there 3 yellow ?!. These are for the following;
Multimedia Controller PCI Slot 3(PCI bus 0,device 13, function 0)
Multimedia Audio Controller (PCI bus 0, device 2, function 7)
Device Status for both is

"The drivers are not installed (Code 28)

USB Human Interface Device USB Scanner
Device Status "This device cannot start (code 10)

Does this throw anymore light on my audio problem?

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2003, 08:54 »
Try disabling your firewall before accessing the driver site as sometimes a firewall can block a website.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2003, 09:42 »
Replying with multiple quotes is a bit fiddly, but what I do is prepare the first reply with the first quote, then without posting that reply, cut and paste the whole thing into a 'new' reply, which can then include the second quote, and so on, for example:

How do you reply with multiple quotes in this forum?

If this is your first reply, you would then cut this, and go back to the next post you want to quote from:

I'll only admit to git :bald: :slug:

Then you can reply to this one, pasting the first 'reply' (including quote) in above the new one, and so on, so your post appears like this.

I actually built this with notepad, and pasted the whole thing back into the reply.  The complete reply post would look something like this:

Code: [Select]
Replying with multiple quotes is a bit fiddly, but what I do is prepare the first reply with the first quote, then [b]without posting that reply[/b], cut and paste the whole thing into a 'new' reply, which can then include the second quote, and so on, for example:<br /><br />[quote author=arthurb link=board=28;threadid=5158;start=45#msg46567 date=1058686620]How do you reply with multiple quotes in this forum?[/quote]<br /><br />If this is your first reply, you would then cut this, and go back to the next post you want to quote from:<br /><br />[quote author=Adept link=board=28;threadid=5158;start=45#msg46455 date=1058632415]I'll only admit to git :bald: :slug:[/quote]<br /><br />Then you can reply to this one, and so on, so your post appears like this.

I hope that makes sense, Arthur.  I expect Brian or Adept will come along and explain it in three words!!  ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2003, 12:45 »
I think that we may be getting somewhere now Arthur  :)

As the Audio Controller drivers arent installed I think that it may be the motherboard drivers that need reinstalling/updating.

Unfortunately I am a little busy at the moment but I will see if I can find what you need later or maybe someone else may find them for you if you cant locate them yourself  :-*

I just had a quick look and found this which may help,I wil try and look again later :

Error code 10 is a driver issue. Either the driver is installed wrong. Or it is the wrong driver for that board. Did you try the ECS website for the drivers? You need to look at the board and determine which sound system you have. Either SiS 7012 or C-Media 8738 You can find them here:

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_sound.html

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2003, 12:47 »
@arthurb
If the motherboard has a VIA Chipset the download the latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers from there site these include the sound drivers

Brian ;D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Offline arthurb

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2003, 14:19 »

@arthurb
If the motherboard has a VIA Chipset the download the latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers from there site these include the sound drivers

Brian ;D

How / where would I find out this information?

Offline arthurb

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2003, 14:21 »

You need to look at the board and determine which sound system you have. Either SiS 7012 or C-Media 8738 You can find them here:

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_sound.html

Where on the board might this be and will it definately be marked?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2003, 14:55 »
The motherboard manufacturers site should give you most of the information Arthur.
Sometimes though they can use different components for the same model of board.
Have you got a programme such as Si-Soft Sandra ?
That would give you the motherboard information without you having to look inside the case and check which kind of chipsets it had etc  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2003, 15:55 »
I have just downloaded the motherboard manual and it appears that your board has a SIS 735 chipset and uses AC97 codec on board sound.

This is a page with your motherboard specs on :

http://www.topmic.com/Top_Micro_Files/Motherboards/ECSK7S5A.htm

Driverguide.com only seems to have drivers for 98 and ME but I am still looking  :-*

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum