Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Blaster Live 5.1  (Read 830 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Blaster Live 5.1
« on: February 05, 2004, 19:23 »
Good evening one and all  ;D

Slight problem on a new sound card (Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital), I have what I thought succesfuly installed it tonight and started testing it out and it plays CDs ok but when I went to check the Wintv it doesnt want to play a sound..not 1 note  >:(  I uninstalled all the drivers on wintv and reinstalled everything from fresh but still no go.

Anybody got any ideas what I have done wrong ...would be grateful if you could point me in the right dirtection.

Hookstar

Adept

Re:Blaster Live 5.1
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 19:27 »
On my really old WinTV I have to connect the Line out on the WinTV to the Aux In on the Soundblaster using a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack cable. You also have to tell the software to use the Aux In as the sound source.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 19:31 »
Hmmm I wonder where I can find a lead  >:( at this time of night  8)...that makes sense though saintly 1  ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 19:40 »
Well done Saintly 1, all up n running now....purrrrrrrrrrrr sounds brilliant now  ;D

Adept

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 19:45 »
:adept: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 20:32 »
Thats a good card isnt it Hooky, I was fortunate to get one given last year and it outputs to my home cinema and sounds great  :)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 20:41 »
It certainly is a good card Sandra, I had it recomended to me last week and its certainly living up to its growing reputation  ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum