Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: pleeeease help i/o error on install  (Read 713 times)

Offline bigfriday

• New Registration
pleeeease help i/o error on install
« on: November 14, 2004, 16:55 »
Hello everyone, what a fantastic forum this is, such a huge wealth of information on offer, hopefully someone will be able to help me with my pc problem, Recently i purchased Codename panzers and when trying to install my pc either restarts itself without prompt or i get an i/o error which also says it's caused by bad media or corrupt installation file, i have searched the web for possibilites and cant find anything helpful,..i have tried exhanging copies on teh game at my local shop ,..still the same outcome,...even emailed cdv(the company the makes the game) followed there instructions and still no change,..so it must be a hardware issue..i have read it might be the ide leads.?? have cleaned the cd drives..Please help it's driving me nuts,...not to mention the £35 i paid for it,...Thanks and regards Mark

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re:pleeeease help i/o error on install
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 17:05 »
Hi Bigfriday and welcome to pc-pals.

Have you tried installing it on another PC to see if it's a faulty disc.?

Do you have the correct spec on your PC to run the game. It usually tells you on the side of the box the minimum requirements needed.

When I'm installing a game I always disable any antivirus software which runs in the back ground.

http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline bigfriday

• New Registration
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 17:44 »
thanks for the reply there lona,..Yea i just checked the recommended system reqs for codename panzers and my pc should handle it no problem(pc specs,2ghz athlon,768 sd ram,ati 9200 256mb gfx,80gig,xp) and i exchanged the game at my game store for a new copy and still no change so it isn't the game discs, The only thing i can think off is the problem must be coming from somwhere between my cd drive and my hard drive, dont think it smy cd drives as they work perfectly in normal day usage, so could it be the leads??,..i dunno,...my brain hurts from trying to figure this out,,..

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 19:05 »
Have you got SP2 installed Mark ?
It may be one of the things that needs fixing to work with SP2  ???
Other things that can stop games installing/functioning correctly appear to be problems with direct X.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum