Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: again already - heeeeelllpppp  (Read 16770 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
again already - heeeeelllpppp
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2005, 17:02 »
excellent advice there sandra.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2005, 17:09 »
Unfortunately in Michelles case Sam it wouldnt have helped her as the reason she had to reinstall her OS was becuase it wouldnt go into windows or even Safe Mode.

So it may be a good idea for people to take note of these details now, before something goes wrong and you have to install, unless of course you already have the drivers for all your components on cd or on another partition on your hard drive  :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2005, 17:11 »
or you know what the parts are cause you put them there yourself
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 17:56 »
yeah that is a good idea sandra, and yes I have saved all the drivers that I have downloaded on my new partition so that next time (if/when) they will just all be there.  such a good idea this 2nd partition thingy, thanks guys!

The next one now I can't find much about - with an exclaimation mark is

Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller

whats that then?  

I've looked on the intel site and they have nothing for it, so just searching google now.
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2005, 19:09 »
I think its something that is on this controller ? it says unknown device but this is the location ....... mmmm maybe its the wifi thingy, could it be?

God I am a pain in the buttox  :P  :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2005, 20:50 »
Found this, which isn't the same as yours, but it does indicate that, unless I have totally misinterpreted it, it refers to your chipset.  Maybe you need to reinstall your motherboard drivers as well?  Just guessing.  :|
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2005, 21:00 »
you could be right there Simon ..... hmmm........ but how does everything work okay?  

I think I found the network card one, I think that was the other missing driver.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2005, 21:13 »
Well, I believe chipsets need drivers like everything else, but I don't know enough about them to give any advice, Shell.  Maybe it's nothing to do with that at all!  :grin:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2005, 10:09 »
yeah it seems they do need them Simon ....... I wonder how I know if that is what I need.

I think this is the one ........

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Asus-PGDCV-Deluxe-Bios-Download-11611.html

Is this the motherboard?

Intel p5gdc deluxe pci express

----------

I can't seem to find out what the other devices are so many it is that.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2005, 10:14 »
Sorry Michelle, I'm not going to risk guessing on this one.  That link looks like it could be a BIOS flash, which could really mess things up if it's the wrong one.  I would wait for some expert advice before going any further with that.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2005, 10:52 »
you sure there isnt any device drivers on that cd of yours?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2005, 10:58 »
That's what i was thinking Sam!

Shell could delete it from "system" then reboot and hope it was on her "Mesh" disk  :blush2:

Could be very risky mind and might all go  :boobies:  up again  :baaa:  :hammer:  :crazy:

I bet it's for "wireless" like you say and if it's all running fine well just sit back and enjoy  :beach:

:D  :D  :D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2005, 11:04 »
somewhere on the mesh cd has to be the driver - well you would have hoped. when you load the cd does it have any programs popup? may a motherboard tool?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2005, 15:21 »
From reading all the posts
it does look as if she has a hardware problem and i say this because

1]windowsxp install disk has the drivers included or it should unless its corrupted

2]once your into windowsxp it usually find the hardware installed and will prompt you to install the drivers

3]going to device manager will allow you to use the wizard to find the drivers and instll most drivers

I may be wrong but ive found this all happens for me
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2005, 16:21 »
Ok it looks like you actually have an Asus mobo with an Intel chipset Michelle  :)

So you need the drivers from here :

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Ignore the first in the list but you need the second (part 1 ), the second (part 2) and the third (part 3).

Download all 3 zip files and extract them all into one folder then run CMI.part1.exe from that folder.

Make sure that you create a restore point for system restore before you install the drivers, in case it messes anything up, although I doubt it would cause any problems and if it did you could probably use the roll back feature for the drivers of the particular device that was having problems  :)

Edited to add it wont go direct to the page I found   :(

From the above link select Motherboard, then Socket 775 then PG5DC-V Deluxe then click on Search, then click on Drivers from the tabs at the top and that should take you to the page where you can follow my previous instructions  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum