Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex announces Christmas deal  (Read 809 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Pipex announces Christmas deal
« on: November 02, 2005, 16:03 »
WebUser
November 2, 2005

ISP Pipex is offering new subscribers two months free broadband, a free modem and free set-up.

The offer, open until 23 December, is for 2Mbps broadband for £14.99 a month, with an option of 500 minutes of home phone calls and 12 months anti-virus and firewall protection.

Users that switch to Pipex will be given with a free modem or an extra month of broadband free.

The ISP said that orders placed after 10 December may not be activated in time for Christmas, and that a 12 month minimum contract applies.

www.pipex.com

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 18:11 »
Pipex have always offered a very good deal for newcomers to broadband.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 20:07 »
Well, when my term of imprisonment to Wanadoo ends in January, I will be looking for a new ISP.  At the moment, I am torn between reverting back to dialup (as I have had more trouble such as no service, disconnections etc. in my twelve months of BB than I had in six years of dialup - and following this forum I don't appear to be alone) or find a better BB provider.

Should I decide to risk another year of BB, I am minded to go with AOL as, although I hate their software, they do seem to offer a reliable service with a genuine no-restriction policy, unlike British or European ISPs who change their Terms and Conditions [T&Cs] (blah, blah, blah) on a whim.  I would take a chance with Pipex as those I know who use it seem happy with it, but there have been frequent murmourings or rumours about them introducing capping, so I don't know if I should risk signing up to a load of T&Cs when they might change them for no better reason than the Managing Director got out of the wrong side of the bed one morning.  

A bit of a dilemma.   :?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum