Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Right click menu path?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Right click menu path?
« on: February 26, 2006, 12:11 »
I recently changed form Norton Internet Security to F-Secure Internet Security.  It basically works the same, but seems generally a bit quicker then Norton.  With Norton, if I right clicked a file, I could select 'Scan with Norton Anti Virus', which worked fine.  I can do the same with F-Secure, but what I need to find out is the file path to that right click menu option, so that I can set up a couple of other applications to automatically scan a downloaded file.  If I use the F-Secure Anti Virus .exe, it launches a complete system scan, which I don't want, as I only want to scan one file.

So, basically, the question is, how do you find out the file path of right click menu tools?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Right click menu path?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17 »
I am not sure if there is one Simon.

I have been altering mine over the last few days, I had installed a couple of programs and they had put there own run thing at the top of the list, where it usually has open.

The only way I could find was to go into that particular programs settings and remove it from the list that way.
Presumably F secure will have a setting that allows it to scan a single file somewhere.
Look in the programs settings, tools, options or preferences.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Right click menu path?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:30 »
Yeah, I've been doing that, San, but can't find one which seems to do a single file scan.  It obviously launches from the right click menu, so there must be an .exe file for it somewhere, I would have thought.  :?  Anyway, I'm just off out to lunch, so catch you later...   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum