Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Broadband Migration  (Read 834 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Broadband Migration
« on: March 15, 2007, 19:23 »
Hi All,

Looking for advice - thought this would be a good place to come  ;D

Looking to migrate my my broadband from PlustNet to NewNet - simply to reduce cost. I don't use any of the extras that Force9 provides (email / web space etc).

So, if I do I expect the migration to take about a week - but my question is will there be a considerable amount of time that I am without a broadband internet connection? I can take a few hours but not a few days!

Can anyone share their experiences? Even if its between different providers than the above.

Cheers

DJ

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Broadband Migration
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 19:42 »
My own Migration has been well documented in another thread DJ.

From the time I recieved my MAC, you get so many days to use it (well I did) 30 days I think, then I signed up to my present ISP which took 7 days and didnt notice any break in BB.

Hope you are as sucessful as I was DJ

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 20:24 »
I have never migrated my connection, but may be doing so later in the year.  From what I have gathered from my current shortlist of prospective broadband providers, the procedure should not cause more than a short period of downtime, maybe up to an hour, but unless you are continually on the PC, like Terry said, hopefully you won't even notice, DJ.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 22:16 »
Cheers for that guys! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Will look into it further and will keep you all posted if I do.

Thanks

DJ

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum