Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Joystick Problem  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Gaelceltic

Joystick Problem
« on: March 03, 2003, 23:13 »
My joystick has been out on loan for at least a year & just got it back. Cannot for the life of me get it set up, and of course no instruction booklet, drivers etc, if they ever existed in the first place.
Running Win98SE and joystick is Saitek X7-38. Looked up Saitek site & told me that drivers were all on win98 & to put it in as 3 axis, 4 button joystick. Well, I tried that & it just tells me it is not connected. Have tried everything I can think of in adding new hardware, but Saitek not coming up there, so tried the standard Gameport Joystick option, and HID compliant game thing (whatever that is!).
Can anyone help a thicko here? Any suggestions greatfully accepted - and no doubt a few wisecracks too!
Thanking you all in anticipation.
 ???

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Joystick Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 23:25 »
Try exploring the 98 cd and if you can find the drivers copy them to a folder and then see if it wil load them from that location  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 08:14 »
Of course, any blondes with a joystick problem, simply want to know where the batteries go.   :P ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Gaelceltic

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 08:49 »
Knew that there would be a smart reply, thank you Simon!  ::)
Thanks Sandra, Camstop, Graham and Hugh for more suitable suggestions earlier this morning. Will try and do battle with the thing later on today, and will let you know how I get on.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum