Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Predator drone: $4.5 million. Off the shelf software: $26.  (Read 718 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Predator drone: $4.5 million. Off the shelf software: $26.  Knowing the Iranians just hacked your high-tech surveillance with a program you can get at Best Buy: priceless 

LINK

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Re: Predator drone: $4.5 million. Off the shelf software: $26.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 23:10 »
This is down right scary, but it was bound to happen eventually. At least now it will light a fire underneath them to secure their communications. I doubt hijacking drone video feed would give them that much. It'd just give them a first hand glimpse of how effective they are. You can go onto time.com and see what the video feeds look like. They did an entire special on what the drones were and how they were piloted. One pilot can control a squadron of drones from the other side of the planet. Each one can cruise on surveillance mode looking for specific queues. If i had to guess drones are but the tip of the spear. It would not surprise me at all if the pentagon had far far worse hidden away.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu1zwndOiXc
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 23:15 by Reno »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 23:43 »
Ouch! 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 23:34 »
Predator drone: $4.5 million. Off the shelf software: $26.  Knowing the Iranians just hacked your high-tech surveillance with a program you can get at Best Buy: priceless 

LINK

:laugh: :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum