Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: A fragmented Android universe  (Read 626 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
A fragmented Android universe
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:26 »
Despite the fact that version 2.1 of Google's mobile operating system has been available for several months, most devices are still running older versions. According to a device dashboard by Android developer Raphaël Moll, over the last 14 days only 27% of Android smartphones accessing the Android Market were running version 2.1. The majority – 38% and 32% respectively – were running versions 1.5 and 1.6. Version 2.0.1 accounts for just under 3% of users accessing the site and versions 1.1 and 2.0 barely troubled the scorers, presumably because updates are available for popular devices supplied with these versions.

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/A-fragmented-Android-universe-977669.html

I have to say I'm quite supirsed how quickly everything went off in different directions... the HTC desire on 3 ships with a modified 2.1 - I'm sure a certain person I know will be pleased.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: A fragmented Android universe
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:59 »
I wonder who?  ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: A fragmented Android universe
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19 »
It's probably because most people buy phones because they like the look of them, and if they work OK, the majority wouldn't bother to keep upgrading the software. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum