Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Slow PC?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Big_Boss

Slow PC?
« on: May 17, 2003, 14:43 »
Hi, after installing SP1 for XP a few days ago, my computer has been a lot slower than it used to be and im not sure why. Im just about to do a defrag, see if that helps.

Does anyone have any other ideas.
Thanks,

I also chose to archive files when i installed SP1.

Boss  :)

EDIT: Found this site  :-\ :-\ http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2003/0327glitch.html  :-[

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Slow PC?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 15:23 »
You will just have to keep abreast of stuff like this BB by reading the whole forum  ;)

http://pc-pals.com/index.php?board=49;action=display;threadid=3299

It does seem strange that theyre making the fix available free of charge for people affected but not putting an update on their updates site  ::)

Offline Big_Boss

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 15:29 »
Excuse me if im wrong but, isnt that a security patch being applied to systems with SP1 installed. My PC has slowed considerably just by installing SP1 or SP1a as its now called.

The only thing i can think of is, SP1a, the newer version of the service pack, already contains this slow security fix.

Boss

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 15:39 »
You could be right, BB.  I installed SP1 when it first came out, and had no problems until the latest 'fix' came along, which I duely installed, resulting in things slowing down significantly.

Personally, I don't consider it life threatening, so I'm waiting for the next patch to be released, which should hopefully resolve things back to 'normal'.   ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 15:42 »
Maybe you are right BB as I hadnt realised 1a was out and assumed you had my version and had applied the updates :-[

I'll get you one day though  :P
Only joking  :-*

Offline Big_Boss

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 15:47 »

Maybe you are right BB as I hadnt realised 1a was out and assumed you had my version and had applied the updates :-[

I'll get you one day though  :P
Only joking  :-*

Im invisible invincible  ;D ;D

:heehee:

Boss

Offline Big_Boss

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 15:48 »
Looks like we will just have to wait then  >:(

But for how long...?  :-[

Boss

Show unread posts since last visit.