Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Amazon risks losing best customers with Prime price hikes  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Amazon plans to hike the annual fee for its popular Prime service by 25% in the US, just weeks after a similar price hike here in the UK, leading to fears it could alienate its best customers.

The increase, from $79 to $99, comes about six weeks after Amazon warned that it may raise prices by as much as $40 to offset rising fuel and shipping costs. Prime, which offers unlimited two-day shipping among other perks, had cost $79 since its introduction in 2005.

In February, Amazon raised the price of Prime in the UK from £49 to £79, and added unlimited movie and television streaming to the package at the same time.

Amazon also plans to add a music streaming service to Prime, which could conceivably entail a further price rise.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/387592/amazon-risks-losing-best-customers-with-prime-price-hikes
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Amazon risks losing best customers with Prime price hikes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 20:47 »
I don't subscribe to Prime.  Amazon standard service is usually fast enough for me.  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 20:52 »
Same here (the free service), but I've noticed deliveries have got slower recently.  I guess they're trying to force people to go to Prime. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 20:59 »
I've noticed Amazon prices seem to have increased lately and I've ended up buying elsewhere!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 23:18 »
I've also noticed that.  Where is your elsewhere?  I used to use Sainsburys but they have most inconsiderately stopped selling real CDs and only now offer downloads.  >:( 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum