Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Another Prob :/  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Dominic

Re:Another Prob :/
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2003, 21:06 »
Thing is my mb is only 3 month's old, don't see how the battery could go, but if it is dead how does my PC stay on after like 10 mins of crashing?

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2003, 21:15 »
Well, personally, I'm not telling you that the problem is coming from the batterie. I'm telling you how to find and change it. But if the Mobo is 3 months old I'm not sure that the problem is coming from the batterie. It's a matter between you and the proffessionals of the forum. Me, I don't have that experience.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2003, 22:05 »
The battery just stores the CMOS information that you can change in the BIOS settings Dominic.
If its faulty or running low on power then it doesnt hold the information for when you swicth the PC on.
By removing it for a short period it shouldnt alter anything,if it was left out for a few days then it may lose the CMOS settings which wouldnt matter too match as you could go into the BIOS on startup and load BIOS defaults :doggie:

Offline Dominic

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2003, 23:58 »
"If its faulty or running low on power then it doesnt hold the information for when you swicth the PC on."

Can that cause the crash's?

Offline Dominic

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2003, 23:59 »
As sometimes i switch on, pc fan's etc start .. just dont boot stays on black screen.  :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2003, 00:31 »
It can be the cause of it not booting into windows but that wouldnt explain it booting into windoes on subsequent attempts  ???

Offline Dominic

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2003, 11:43 »
Doesnt do subsequent attempts, just crashes on a few few first boots.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2003, 14:12 »
Its looking very like it Dominic.
If you go into BIOS and tell it to load BIOS defaults it should then boot into windows and run ok until the next time that you close down.
It sounds like the battery is faulty,so if it boots up after loading BIOS defaults then a new battery should cure it.
You will have to go into BIOS again and load BIOS defaults when you have the new battery installed one more time and then hopefully it will run ok from then on :doggie:

Offline Dominic

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2003, 23:10 »
Dunno if this helps, but sometimes when it crash's goes to black screen, i hold down the power button to switch of, and it does a beep, then gets dim like beeeeeeppp, till powers off.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2003, 23:29 »
I think we are at crossed purposes here Dominic.
You said it didnt boot into windows,then you say it crashes.
Can you clarify this as most people talk about a PC crashing after it has been running in windows  ::)

Offline Dominic

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2003, 23:56 »
It does both, sometimes it boots in, then crashes, then after that, try turning power of then on and it does nowt.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum