Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: ??? HELP! ???  (Read 1426 times)

Offline twiggy

??? HELP! ???
« on: October 25, 2003, 18:23 »
??? I need help. Just put my system together which consists of a single case with 300w psu, a k7s5a motherboard, a am xp2400 processor, a 64mb mx 440 gfx, 80gb hdd, x52 x34 x52 cd-rw. put procesoor in accthed heat sink (had thermal pad on bottom). accthed heat sink wire to board. inserted hdd and cd-rw to board and powerd them up and attecthed audio wire. attched all power cables to motherbaord. set the power led ect. to the board.

Then the problem attcthed power cable monitor keyboard and mouse. Pressed the power button on front and got well got nothing. nothing happened no fans went the heat sink didnt move no beeps nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks Mark

Offline twiggy

Re:??? HELP! ???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 18:29 »
for got to add the memory 512mb of sdram.

Mark

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 18:55 »
Damn and I was just about to go into "techie" mode and help you then Twiggy  ::)  sheesh another chance slipped through my fingers  ;)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 18:57 »
::) :-X

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 19:19 »
Well, if it looks like there's no power at all, perhaps the PSU is duff?  Have you got another one you could try?  I take it there's no power light on the motherboard?  Also, try another power lead.  It could be something simple like Serenity (oops!) a fuse gone in the plug.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Dack

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 19:32 »
Worth checking:

1. CMOS jumper set not to clear CMOS mode (as a lot of boards have that set as default).

2. You've put the connector for the power switch  to the correct position on the motherboard jumpers.
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Offline twiggy

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 20:49 »
Ok here we go. I turned the power swicth on and seen a blue flash wasnt sure where it was coming form coz the case is a pre-modded one. On closer inspection i found that i had not put the motherboard on any spacers. Yes i no a stupied mistake. could this be the problem? i put it on spacers and tryed to boot it agin but nothing once agian nothing. Nothing wrong with power lead works on my other two computers. So could that mistake cost me? could that of ruined the motherboard? or other components?

Thanks Mark.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2003, 21:01 »
It's not looking good, is it matey.  Recommend you try another motherboard that doesn't directly short-circuit through the highly conductive backboard of the case.  

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2003, 23:22 »
I'm very unfortunate to say but something similar happened to me with the exact same mobo and a 1.3Mhz Duron. I put all the stuff in, pressed the switch it all loaded up fine. Stopped it and tried again and the CPU fan jolted about a cm and died. I took it to my local MOD techy and he decided the mobo was bust as it fried his 2000XP which was VERY pricy then  :( The instructions that came with the mobo were terrible, I had no idea where each cable went. maybe you should try the Asrock K7VT2, only £29 Exc VAT  ;D
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum