Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pipex offer free backup dial up  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Pipex offer free backup dial up
« on: December 05, 2003, 22:40 »
Pipex are now offering a free back up dial up service for when the broadband connection is down.  Registered users are given a special dial up number to use in emergencies.  Whether Pipex's definition of an 'emergency' is the same as mine would be, remains to be seen.

From Pipex website:

PIPEX is proud of the reliability levels of its PIPEX Xtreme ADSL service, but nothing is ever perfect and occasionally service can be interrupted by faults or BT maintenance work beyond PIPEX's control.

In the unlikely event that:

You have to call PIPEX to report a fault with your ADSL service, or...
   BT inform us of a fault that has occurred at your local exchange which affects your ADSL service, or...
   BT inform us about maintenance work planned that could disrupt your service...

PIPEX are pleased to offer an analogue dial-up service which you can use completely free of charge while the fault is investigated and resolved.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

Re:Pipex offer free backup dial up
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 09:31 »

Pipex are now offering a free back up dial up service for when the broadband connection is down.  Registered users are given a special dial up number to use in emergencies.

:heehee: sounds like Pipex are preparing you for some "downtime" Simon :horror:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 12:07 »
Actually they have announced some possible problems on Tuesday 9th Dec between 2am and 6am due to essential maintenance which will possibly prevent some users from logging on between those hours.
Its not certain to affect everyone and unlikely to drop a connection if you are already on line.
Its nice that they give advance warning of it and it may mean that I can get to bed at a reasonable time for once if it does affect me  ;)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 12:20 »

Its nice that they give advance warning of it and it may mean that I can get to bed at a reasonable time for once if it does affect me  ;)

If that happens Sandra, give us a bell, and I'll pop over....we could have a game of ......Trivial Persuits  :o ;D :-X
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum