Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Stinkin Crappy Virus!!! :(  (Read 1505 times)

-elmo-

Stinkin Crappy Virus!!! :(
« on: March 04, 2005, 00:35 »
Hi guys !!  :D

My first letter thingy! Wooo! lol

I have a problem! a big problem! And I would be extreamly grateful if someone could help me.  t's driving me craaaazeeee!!  :(

I have just got a new laptop computer last month, and despite reading everything about all this virus stuff, spyware, and my boyfriend constantly telling me to install anti-virus stuff, I never bloody did! As i'm stooopidly impatient.  :blush:  What a night mare!! I telling myself I would get around to installing it some other time :( And now I think it's too late.

Everytime I turn my computer on, it crashes on me! :( but before it crashes, Ive noticed a brand spanking new desktop icon!!! oooooooh...... It's of a sexi lady and it's called "Free XXX" so I am blaming this lady for all trouble caused...GRRRRRRRRR!

when it crashes i get a nice blue screen with white writing which appears for like a milisecond and it says something like "for the protection of your computer windows is shutting down" and other stuff similar to that. You also get about 5 million bad words flying from my mouth along with it.....IT'S A DISASTER!!!

I just don't know what the freak to do???! Does anyone know if it's possible to fix this myself, especially when it won't stay on long enough for me to do anytihng? Is my computer completely distroyed? :(

Please please please please (times a blilion), If someone, man, woman, cat or dog, could offer me any advice, I'd be indebted to them for life. Thanks for reading this,

sarah.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 01:12 »
Hi Sarah and :welcome:

Can you tell me which operating system you are using and do you know how to start your laptop in safe mode and if so will it run in safe mode without shutting down like it does in normal windows ?
As youre online now then you obvioulsly have access to another pc so hopefully when you let me know the answers to my questions you may be able to download stuff onto that pc and copy it to your laptop  :)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 02:57 »
Hi Sarah, and welcom here.

Just chil down...chil down. We don't have here only problems, oui have solutions too.    :wink:

Plus ... you've fallen in good hands of Sandra. So, no reason to worry.    :)

Well, while answering Sandra what she asked you, I may suggest those two programs to install and run them both. Hopping your problem will be sorted:

Ad-Aware

Spybot

Good luck!     :)
object width="450" height="150">

-elmo-

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 18:06 »
Thank you sooo much Sandra and joudi for your help  :D

Sandra, I can get into safe mode!
And thankfully, in safe mode it does not seem to turn itself off on me! :)

I ran msconfig and had a look at what was in my startup...

Here are all the programs here

igfxtray
STDSB
icon
synTPLpr
synTPEnh
AOLSP scheduler
CMESys
jusched
realsched
systime
dumprep
ctfmon
msmsgs
Gstartup
clickme
igfxtray
STDSB
icon
synTPLpr
synTPEnh
AOLSP scheduler
CMESys
jusched
realsched
systime
dumprep
ctfmon
msmsgs
Gstartup
clickme
PCMservice

I'm not really sure what's meant to be here,  do u think if i disable some of these it might be ok? And let me download some anti virus programs?

PS.

My computer is a packard bell easynote E4, if that helps! :)

-sarah

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 18:42 »
Ok Sarah you have at least two suspicous things in there
Click Me appears twice and would sound like a popup thats loading at start up.
I would definately untick those two at least.

I should think that you can untick everything safely enough, you can always tick them again if something doesnt start properly.

Hopefully then you can get into normal windows and download the free AV progs and do a scan and get the spyware/adware progs on :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 18:43 »
Sarah, try running Ad Aware and Spybot while in safe mode.  They may well remove the offending program, then you can install some anti virus software.    As far as your MSCONFIG list goes, the clickme items looks highly suspicious, so try unticking them, but without knowing what other software you have on your machine, it's difficult to identify most of them.  You could also download and run either Hijack This, or X-rayPC, which both show a list of running programs, and give the option to remove them.  Links to above, below:-

Ad Aware
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Hijack This
x-raypc
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

-elmo-

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 18:46 »
Thank you simon!! :)

I'm gona try do that now :P

I'll let u know how i get on! Fingers crossed :D

-sarah

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum