Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: UK prefers vinyl to iPods  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
UK prefers vinyl to iPods
« on: May 27, 2008, 17:09 »
CD singles may have been killed off by digital downloads, but many of us still have a passion for older technologies, according to a survey.

Research from price-comparison service Moneysupermarket.com has found that vinyl, CDs, VHS and Polaroid cameras are still close to our hearts.

Even more antiquated inventions such as the Teas Maid, cassettes and telegrams were also on the top 10 list of items people wanted to be resurrected from the technology graveyard.

Rob Barnes, head of broadband and mobiles at Moneysupermarket.com, said: "It's clear whilst people are embracing the digital age at every opportunity they still revere some things from yesteryear.

"Who knows what technical revolution is around the corner - in 20 years time it might be the iPod people want to save from becoming obsolete," Barnes continued.

www.moneysupermarket.com

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: UK prefers vinyl to iPods
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 17:27 »
At least you could record radio onto cassettes.  Nowadays, everything's protected by DRM measures :( .  I'd love to find a way to record direct from a DAB radio to a computer.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 17:28 »
PM me and I'll give you something that'll help you do it.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 17:46 »
At least you could record radio onto cassettes.  Nowadays, everything's protected by DRM measures :( .  I'd love to find a way to record direct from a DAB radio to a computer.

Some of the Pure range come with the ability to record to an SD card, Gill. Whether it can be played outside the radio I don't know though.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum