Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PC users don't protect their data  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
PC users don't protect their data
« on: August 08, 2005, 19:27 »
WebUser
August 8, 2005
Veronique De Freitas

Half of PC users in the UK never backup the data that they saved on their computers, a new report has found.

The survey conducted by online backup provider BackupMyStuff, has revealed that 53 per cent of us fail to back up our data regularly, and 29 per cent only backup on a weekly or monthly basis.

The figures also show that just 18 per cent of the Britons who use computers and laptops backup their data every day.

According to BackupMyStuff, 43 per cent of companies that suffer data loss never re-open and 29 per cent close within two years.

Gordon Munro, director of GMRK Systems (operators of BackupMyStuff), said: "Most of us do not realize the cost to our business should that data be lost, and have no backup or data recovery plan in place. Backing up data used to be a laborious, expensive and time-consuming affair, involving manual tape or disc backup, but that is no longer the case."

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/67002.html

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 19:40 »
I have to admit, I'm bad for backing up.  I only do about two a year, and that's usually only after some sort of scare with the PC.  Thanks Clive, you've remimded me to do one!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 22:00 »
im a bit of a backup all the time dude, as the admins no about the forum.

I take one every couple of weeks on my windows machine (all important data is copied over to another partition ever day!).

with unix its so easy - i do it on my scripts and important research (you know the stuff ive been working on for 1.5 years!) daily.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum