Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Best Broadband Modem  (Read 739 times)

Offline cid.

• New Registration
Best Broadband Modem
« on: August 02, 2004, 11:56 »
I hope to get Broadband within the next few weeks as at last its coming to my area. ;D I wanted to find out which would be the best modem to get, especially for online line gaming. I want a modem which will give me a low ping and is v.realiable. Also where i could buy it from as well would be usefull. But not too expensive either.

P4 2.8Ghz
512MB Ram DDR
windows xp
Geforce fx5600

n1

Offline Barra

• Established Member
Re:Best Broadband Modem
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 12:10 »
Welcome to Pals Mark. Sorry to see you didn't heed my advice and avoid these reprobates on here. ;D
img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Best Broadband Modem
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 14:17 »
Unless you particularly want to buy one separately, you might find the one which comes with the broadband  ISP you choose, is perfectly adequate.  Have a look at www.pipex.net.  They do a good start up package, where the modem is free, and there are no set up costs.  They currently do 1Mb packages, for a little more than BT charge, but you haven't got the additional set up costs, and the service is uncapped, unlike BT.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum